03 March, 2012

Godforsaken



I ask myself questions. I wonder about little things about me and other people. It's just the kind of questions you would hate to read or hear other people asking themselves. What am I doing with my life? What am I to other people? What are my plans for the future? I hate these questions too. It's too Rick Warren-ish, but you know, I just worry too much. And I have talked about this before, that I just worry too much. I worry too much that I want to go to the kitchen where I left my coffee. But I'm too worried to go, and I don't want to interrupt my worrying of the future.


Holden Caulfield thinks I'm a phony.


I'm worried of not doing anything. This weekend is particularly peculiar because I seem to have nothing to do except to lay in my bed, listen to music, read books and make my Pokemon evolve -- you know, just these things that I don't get to do a lot anymore. It feels strange that I'm taking a break from chemistry for a while. Exams, lab reports, oral presentations, problem sets and paper submissions just came at me one after another. . . I thought it was not gonna stop. I'm very glad it did. My weekdays are terribly busy, and I usually take a break during weekends but even then I still worry about the stuff that I need to do. This weekend I have nothing to do or worry about for school so it's good but also very strange.

It feels strange because during these times of feeling no pressure to do anything, I realize the worries that I just don't worry about enough -- and those are the things that matter.


I feel very sad that I don't get to read books anymore. I have only been reading textbooks and online articles only because I have to for school. Every time I don't have anything to read for school, I realize I don't have time to start reading a novel, so I just read blogs and again random articles online. I don't even remember which book I last read. It's probably a very long time ago. I feel bummed. I feel sad that I don't even remember what happened to Simon, or where Jack got his knife. I'm worried of forgetting things about my favorite books.


This isn't really worrying when I think of it. This is just a very strange feeling. I have used the word 'strange' too many times already because I just can't find a word to describe how I feel. It's almost like I'm losing myself like I don't know myself anymore. Everything I do is just so organized and systematic, yet I'm not sure of its direction. I just realize I might not be too happy about it. Even when I take a break from the system, the things I do for leisure are just as repetitive that it never gets as fun as I hope. I go back and relive the past for refreshment but it never quite quenches the thirst.


Lately I realized that perhaps I'm in love with someone other than the person I thought all along I would love to live with in the future. Love is such a strange word. You can use it for so many purposes that its true sense becomes trifling.


I'm yet to see the results of my physical chemistry and biochemistry exams. I really need to make my scores go up in physical chemistry because of that incident in the first exam which I already talked about in a previous post. I don't know about quantum chemistry. I got decent scores in the exams and I'm not even sure how because I'm mostly just confused during class. I'm not really liking quantum mechanics. It's like learning a new difficult language.


This may be the worst feeling in the world. I don't know what I should be doing. I'm just not sure of where I am anymore. Maybe I should stand up and lift my feet. Maybe I have to climb a mountain or go on an exile in a deserted island and start planting tomatoes. Or maybe I had just forgotten I had to breathe. How do I breathe?


I am sorry for the total randomness of this blog post.


I should stand up and go. I would realize that my coffee's gone cold. I would still drink it anyway.










kudos to people with plans.
oliver.

7 Comments:

The girl of the sun said...

Sometimes it happens when you don't really know what to do with your lessons, thoughts and life, but hey, you can totally stand this! I think, the best method to help yourself to get this feeling out is to bring something new to your life and you'll understand that you miss the old stuff in a moment!

By the way, don't worry much about not-reading thing. I have the same now, i'm just too much busy with my school lessons and have to read a lot of literature during the week. I find it very difficult to concentrate on something you want to read in your leisure time except school books. That's why I usually watch some sitcoms or soap operas in my free time, because books eat all my brains, when they work..

Oliver said...

Haha, thank you so much, Sunny. =] What I find sad is the realization that even the old stuff I miss are getting too bland. I mean, yeah, this is what I've been thinking that I should definitely bring something new to my life. Like I said, my life has just become too organized and systematic. Repetitive to an extent. It just goes on and on and I realize that I don't like the direction it's heading.

And I still have time to watch Survivor so it's great even though I don't get to read a lot of books anymore. I haven't watched my favorite sitcoms in a long time though. I should totally make some time, but I'm fine with only watching Survivor. Survivor is great. =]

The girl of the sun said...

I haven't watched Survivor yet, maybe I will :) I already have a long list of sitcoms I must watch some time. Good luck with searching for the new thing to live for.

L. said...

From what I've gathered, you seem like a trooper. So I'm sure you will get through this. I know how you feel, in a round about sort of way. I went from having free weekends and weekdays of doing what I wanted. I now have a job and my studies to juggle, along with maintaining friendships and hobbies. Sometimes it gets too much, but I know I'll probably reap the benefits in the end. So hang in there!

Things have strange ways of unravelling themselves. So good luck and much support from
http://stepintoadolescence.blogspot.com/

Oliver said...

@Sunny
You should! This current season is great! I'm going to watch the latest episode after I type this since I'm finally done with my homework. =]

@Lauren
Thank you so much! Yeah, I'm a trooper, thanks! =D

Anonymous said...

Like you, my life unfortunately tends to revolve around chemistry..( I am a pre-pharmacy major)..it is a sometimes boring world of significant figures and a lot of very particular professors..I was, or I guess I am in the same position, this weekend was my weekend to relax before exams, and I honestly didn't know what to do with myself..reading a book or watching a movie seemed strange, because I have forgotten how to let myself relax..I guess that is the price I pay to be a science student.

It seems strange to not be worrying about exams and grades..but the best thing I did for myself was to pick up a book and read it, something I love to do..it did wonders for my brain..it reminded me of how much more is out there besides worrying about school and my future...so just do it..pick up a book and let yourself forget about everything else out there...thats my two-sense :)

Oliver said...

I don't know who you are but you sound awesome. Chemistry is a tough course, so I hope we all get through this alright. I am still kind of worried about my lab course this semester, and I have a couple of biochem exams coming so I haven't yet opened a book and started reading a novel. I will, pretty soon, once this is almost over. I look forward to experiencing it again. I would love it. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. It is very much appreciated. =]

Good luck with your pharmacy courses, too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...