07 January, 2012

Spirits



I am blogging right now because I haven’t blogged in a long time it’s driving me insane. Everyone knows I am a very busy boy, and also at the same time a lazy one, so every time I ever get some time off from work and deadlines I just make use of the time to lay in bed, stare at the cosmos, and imagine the face of Jennifer Aniston so that I would dream about her in my sleep. That has been my routine I think ever since I was like, nine years old. You know, I kinda grew up having a crush on Jennifer Aniston. I know it’s a little weird, but hey I really liked her as Rachel and I could see myself in Ross, so yeah I have had an imaginary love affair with Aniston for almost ten years now. She hasn’t aged at all, I don’t think. She still looks great!


Okay, let’s move on from that. That was a lot of teenage rambling for Overville. When I created this blog (it was during the elections), I told myself that I would make it some sort of my own online magazine. I would not make it too personal and too much about my life. I would try to publish stories people could relate to. I don’t know if people who have been reading my blog ever since it was born would agree with me, but I believe I haven’t been doing a good job with my objectives. My blog has become more personal than anything, but hey I really don’t have a problem with that. I already talked about how I feel about personal blogs in a blog post in 2010 right here. I think personal blogs are great as long as it doesn’t turn into a live online stream of your life. You do that on Twitter.


Speaking of blogs, I am trying my best to recover my blogging spirit and I’m finding it hard. Especially because this semester in college is making me busier than ever, I couldn’t seem to sit down in front of the computer and tell myself, “Alright, you’re going to blog right now.” I took a vacation from the whole blogging universe, but now I can say I’m ready to be back. Only now I have some weight on my back so I will be walking around this universe more slowly, and more carefully, so that I don’t fall and drop the weight I’ve worked so hard for to carry. 


I hope you love that metaphor as much as I do. I can’t think of a better one, so don’t screw me.


And speaking of being screwed, the courses I’m taking this year are insane. I have the second levels of Physical Chemistry and Biochemistry, and a really terrible Chemistry lab course. I also have Quantum Chemistry. And I am also taking a basic Environmental Science course, and a course in Professional English. 


My head hurts.


I am sick. I am not really feeling well. That’s why I’m blogging. You know, blogging is supposed to be therapeutic. And water too. I have been drinking lots of water. I probably drank twenty glasses today and it’s made me more nauseous and my brain is like full of water right now.


On a lighter side, my previous semester went quite well because my grades in my chemistry subjects were good. They were not exceptional, but I’m happy I didn’t fail anything. Well, I almost failed my math. Come on, it was Differential Calculus, so don’t be too hard on me. I got the highest grade possible though in German. Ich liebe Deutsch.


I still have this Christmas spirit in me, so I am extremely happy even though I suck. You have no idea how much I missed blogging and how happy I am that I’m blogging again. I have this little pocket notebook and last year every time I thought of something to blog about I wrote it in there, but I was never really able to do any of the things I wrote there because I suck. So alas, I am finally able to blog something. I hope you're all still  happy about my blog. I am no longer insane. I no longer suck. I pat myself on the back.


Ha. I pretty much just talked about myself in this post. Is my blog becoming a live stream of my life? I hope not. What's too bad about that anyway? Wait, there are too many words in this post already, so I’m out of here. I’m sick, I’m tired and I want to sleep. I need to think of Jennifer Aniston’s face, or something else.











oliver.

9 Comments:

Oliver said...

Toniiiiiight. . . we are younggg. . . let's set the world on fire! We can burn brighter! Than the sun!!!

(Still addicted to that song.)

The girl of the sun said...

You know what? Writing about your life and thoughts is not so bad and interesting to read :) One day a stranger will come by and think: 'This guy is kind of writing about me..'. It is great that you have time for blogging, it must bring you sort of relaxation.

P.S. I support you with loving Jennifer Aniston, she's really cute!

Happy Elf Mom said...

But reading about your life is interesting! Except for the Jennifer Aniston part. Ha ha! Seriously I don't know who she is except she and this Brad guy dated and now she is sad because he left her to date some other chick who collects babies from around the world the way you or I would collect postage stamps. I dunno.

Oliver said...

@Girl of the sun
You are very nice! I know, right? Jennifer Aniston has a very beautiful face. Yes, blogging makes me relax for a while. I'm starting to feel better. =]

@Mrs. C
Awwww, that's very nice of you, too! I didn't know my life can be interesting. I'm usually just a troubled nerd in my life anyway. But I like it that you personally think my life is interesting. Haha! You know, Brad Pitt is a jerk. =P

PurpleMist. said...

Reading the beginning of this post reminded me of Friends, I miss it :/

I actually like to read more personal stuff on your blog instead of just stories and such.

Also, confession: I like to just look at your blog, not read it, just look at it. It's so... perfect.

Miss Bobo said...

I understand a lot of what you are saying in this blog post. I have found through the blogposts that I was able to read, that they are relateable. There is something awesome about being able to connect in relation of something hard in your life with someone who is all the way, let's say Canada (an example but nevertheless you get my point). But I am sure some weeks or days from now there will be a new story your followers will be reading and ready to comment. Welcome back...again :D
(p.s. thanks for the comments Oliver, I appreciate it)

Oliver said...

@Purple
Aw yeah, Friends was great. But there's a bunch of other good sitcoms on TV that I am enjoying. But I still miss it. And yeah, I guess my life is interesting enough to some of you. AND LOL. I think my blog design is really cool! So I will take that as a compliment. =D

@Miss Bobo
Thanks for welcoming me back. I want to stay here longer. I hate to go on and off over and over. I'm thinking of writing a new blog post soon, but I have a terrible lab exam tomorrow. And I just finished spending some five hours working on problem sets today. Busy crazy life. I am glad that you think that way about my blog. =] I know I try to be as relateable as I can and so to get that from you is great. =D Thanks for the blogging support, Miss Bobo. =D

ishashime said...

woohoo oliver!

i fear i too have slowly neglected blogging. heck, i haven't put up a new post in nearly two weeks now (shame, shame). but college life has been pretty hard on me, too. it's nice though that we get to find time to blog despite everything.

also, it's nice to blog about yourself, i think. there's just something about it i can't really explain.

as for me, i had like a guilty crush on matthew perry aka chandler in his younger years. now..meh..not so much. good to see you're keeping the jennifer aniston love going, though. haha.

Oliver said...

@Isha
Woohoo ISHA!!! =D
Haha Matthew Perry is cool. Jennifer Aniston is such greatness.
It's really nice that even though you haven't posted a new blog 'cause you're busy you still took the time to drop by and leave a comment. You rock.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...