01 May, 2011

A New Year of Overville

It's been one year and I want to thank everyone.


My blog is having its first anniversary on the 12th of May. I know I said in the previous post that April was my blog's birth month. Since I was being an irresponsible daddy then, I actually couldn't remember Overville's birthday and I didn't even bother to check. Now that I'm back to being the awesome guy who cannot be more eager to start a new year of his blog with more awesome blog posts and an awesome new look, I went on to see my very first post here, entitled First Post! to check the date it was posted. It's on the 12th of May 2010. Don't check it out. Heck, why did I even link to it? I just wrote some random stuff there but it doesn't really contain anything interesting. I know that me pointing it out will make you curious regardless. So go ahead and read it. You will want ten seconds of your life back. You have been warned. 


Okay now, forgive me. I know I've become frustrating and annoying. I have said it a ton of times. I am aware that I already seem like I don't care about blogs anymore. I have ignored my blog. I have ignored people's blogs. Yes. But that doesn't mean you suck. It's not because Justin Bieber sucks. It's not because physics sucks. It's because I do. I suck for not posting every time I could. I suck for not reading the recent posts of blogs I like. Blame it all on me. It's all my fault. 


Starting on the day you read this, whenever something bad happens to you, I want you to blame it on me. When you spill your Coke on the table, just say, "Oliver, you suck!" When you run out of gas a hundred miles from the next gas station, it is because I suck. When you have to make a phone call and you see your battery's dead, it is because I have not been posting. Whenever crap happens to you, you now know it, it is because I suck.


Honestly, the reason there's been a lack of posts is that I'm just having a hard time getting creative. I don't know. I just couldn't get the blogging spirit back in me once I lost it. It's disappointing. I also have classes everyday, and my neurons are constantly being raped by physics. You know, stuff like this:  



I am not really a physics person, nor a math person. The fact that I am a chemistry major is just plain laughable. If only I had a talent other than being a nerd, life wouldn't be like this.


Why are my words so down and negative? The title implies a happy post. I should stop making this sound like the Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard.


Okay, so what am I getting at? Well I just want to say that this is a new year now for Overville. I know it's not even May 12 yet, but the end of my lazy blogging hiatus marks the new beginning, hence the title, hence the new layout, HENCE, the bigger font size. I love my readers, and since one of my readers requested for a new look, and that I keep getting emails about how small the font size I use is and how difficult it is to read, I'm giving it up. I'm back. And I'm kind of starting anew.


Again, I want to thank everyone who reads my blog. I mean it. I want to thank you all so much. 


Oh, and I just want to say that we just had our first physics exam and I think it's cool that I scored 34/40. I know it's not that awesome a score, but I'm not really the kind of guy who gets an A in an exam and sits in his chair and mopes because he didn't get an A+. For a person who doesn't really like physics, who sucked at Level 1 Physics last term, it's quite good. I'm satisfied with my score, and I'm happy. I love being happy.


This is it.






kudos to me and my blog, and to everyone's blogs.
oliver.

7 Comments:

Tom Millson said...

My night out got cancelled! Oliver, you suck!

Good luck with the next blogging year :) I have to say I know what you're going through, I have lost my blogging spirit a bit :/ Oliver, you suck!

Oh and congratulations with your score! For someone who hates physics, you didn't do too badly :)

aakriti said...

happyyyy birthdayyy overville!!
keep bloginggg:)
and your score shows you get physics and trust me that is an accomplishment itself

Jodie-Ann said...

Yayy!! WELCOME BACK! AGAIN AGAIN! XD
Yay for a new layout! :D Lol, that was me who suggested it hahahahaha XD It looks awesome :D
And yay for 34/40! That's an AMAZING mark. Congratz :D

Christopher said...

Congrats on your 1 year mark even though you suck!

Oliver said...

@Tom
Hahaha. You've used that 'Oliver sucks' reason quite a lot now, I guess. And yeah, I'm quite proud of my score. Like, oh really did I just get this score!? Awesome.

@Aakriti
Thanks! Keep blogging too! =]

@Jodie
Thanks, Jodie! Yeah it was you, and I'm glad you like it! Thanks for the 'congratz' I like Z's.

@Christopher
Yay! Thanks. LOL. XD

Writing Junkie said...

I love this blog so much. I'm glad to see that it's been around for a year.
Keep it up!!:)

Oliver said...

@Writing Junkie
Thanks!!! =]

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...