20 May, 2011

Happiness and the Best of Awesomeness

Yet another blog birthday post.


My blog first came up on the 12th of May 2010, and since I was maybe sleeping under a tree all day that day of this year, I wasn't able to write a blog post to celebrate its first anniversary. In fact, I missed exactly two weeks of blogging! Maybe I spent fourteen days daydreaming about going to China. I really want to go there someday. Okay my mind is drifting off to somewhere again. Back to the blog. Okay, so here I'm going to celebrate my first year in Overville. I'm really happy about my blog and I really enjoy this experience of sharing stories and opinions to people. I love writing so I'm glad I have this platform where I can actually do what I love to do, which absolutely keeps me happy. Okay, so why not go on and celebrate with me? L'chaim!


I'm very happy that there are people who don't even know who I am but enjoy reading what I write. It's wonderful when I get comments from people. Like, reading a comment from Aakriti (I want to know how to pronounce her name. It's so cool.) that I was like, one of the reasons she started blogging, and by the Writing Junkie that says my blog is one of his favorites and that it's the reason he goes on the computer sometimes. Jodie was also very kind to say that she would like to marry my blog. And my blog excites Tom, apparently. Here's proof:


Awesome.


Seriously. I mean, those are precious, aren't they? Those are the biggest compliments I can ever get. I want to thank everyone for everything-- reading my blog, taking time to read all the crap I have to say, and taking time to write a comment whether on my posts or on your own blogs, and finally thank you for sharing your blogs with me 'cause I just love reading them. Thank you all so much. I also want to give a shout-out to ScoMan. His blog is one of the first few blogs I started reading and is definitely one of my favorites, but unfortunately he has stopped updating. I don't know if you're ever gonna see this man, but yeah it would be cool if you could go back to the awesome Blogger Blogspot Blogosphere.


What am I going to do now? Well here's a list of the Top 10 Overville blog posts. This basically means which ones got the most amount of hits over the past year. If you would like to do some back-reading, that would be cool. Here's the most awesome posts of Overville 2010-2011! 

10. Smothering (21 September 2010)
          I was sad and down and totally frustrated when I wrote this. I'm glad it didn't end up like a typical teenager-is-ranting-and-hates-his-life kind of blog post. Re-reading this makes me feel good it's kinda strange.

9. The Day My World Stood Still (14 January 2011)
          So do people enjoy reading how badly things are going in somebody's life? LOL. This is just a series of unfortunate events that happened to me. The only thing that didn't happen to me was get hit by a falling meteorite, like that in Dead Like Me.

8. The Big Blog Theory (18 October 2010)
          This post is quite long, and is about. . . blogs! What makes a blog a blog? Why do people blog? What is a blog about? I'm quite surprised people liked this post. I mean, it's long and a little wordy, and I thought people hated that.

7. I am a Dummy (09 August 2010)
          A story of me convincing myself that I am a stupid person only to end up witnessing a chess champion's utter failure in Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and making fun of it on this blog post. I'm evil.

6. Where is the Love? (18 December 2010)
          It's not a surprise that people like to read about love. This is just a story and some opinions about marriage.

5. Singing with Angels (17 August 2010)
          Ah, one of my favorites. A post about life and happiness, written in a happy mood after listening to Hey Jude a million times.

4. First Post! (12 May 2010)
          The very first blog post, that says nothing, that I even promoted pointlessly in one of my recent posts. 

3. Oliver the Bomber (08 November 2010)
          Hahaha. I like this post. It's just me describing how much I hate security guards. It's kinda fun.

2. Trials (26 August 2010)
          Now this is a surprise. This post is totally meaningless. I have no idea how it got so many hits. I only made this post to try out a new layout. It contains words, but it doesn't really say anything.

1. Sweet Suffering (05 January 2011)
          If you want to know how 'sugar' got its name, and learn the story of the enchantress in heaven, and have an idea of how evil I am, read this. 

That's it. One year of blogging-- it's a huge accomplishment. I'm so happy I'm going to keep blogging. I wonder how long this is going to last. And oh, maybe you would like to check out the Meebo bar I have at the bottom. Click on RSS to subscribe! If you've already subscribed using Blogger's feed, you may want to replace it with the RSS feed hosted by FeedBurner; it's right there at the Meebo bar. You know Blogger's feed sucks.


I am glad I can sit down in front of the computer and put up a blog post today. Well I'm just in a very happy mood. I'm done with all my physics problem sets this term, and I just had an exam earlier. Although I wasn't really able to prepare for it because I overslept and totally forgot that I would be having an exam, I think I still did a pretty good job. I'm not gonna fail that exam. I like being happy so I like to think that way.


Happy Friday, everyone! Always have fun!






kudos to happy energies.
oliver.

11 Comments:

Tom Millson said...

Happy belated bloggy birthday! Haha I'm a bit embarrassed by my face in that picture now :P What was I thinking!

Jodie-Ann said...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
<3
AWESOME!! Congrats!!! :D
I still want to marry your blog...

Anonymous said...

haha..congratulations!!!I hope you would have the time to write more blogs!! CHEERS TO YOUR AWESOME BLOG! XD

Leah said...

Yay!! One year of blogging... Congratulations, Oliver!! Oh, I have read most of your posts but I don't mind doing some back-reading again. I'm gonna be sending an email to you maybe tomorrow or the day after that (with regards to the guest post).. and I truly thank you for the positive response. :)

Anyway, again.. Congratulations! And I hope we'd be seeing and reading more blog posts in the future. Rock on! :)

Writing Junkie said...

Happy belated blogging birthday!!!lolz
It's great that this blog has grown so much. ^_^
I loved it the first time I read it, and I still do. It's a great blog, I love reading about your life, it seems fun, plus you always have a point to make, which is cool.

Keep blogging ^_^

aakriti said...

happy birthday to overville, though i am damn late :(
and your blog is amazing and am saw glad i came across it :D
thanks for mentioning my name m flattered..
you have many more years of blogging ahead :)...

Raz Darnell said...

I definitely know what you mean about the reason you started blogging. It's pretty much the reason I started, too. I am fascinated by the idea that someone out here on the internet will read and like my writing simply because of the writing, not because they know me and feel obligated to read it. Congratulations on a year! As soon as that follower widget reappears, you've got one more :)

Oliver said...

@Tom
Thanks! And don't worry, I've put "awesome" in the caption, anyway. It's all good. =P

@Jodie
Yay! Thanks! You and my blog should get married right now.

@Anonymous
Awesome it is! Thank you so much!!! =D

@Leah
Oh yeah! Do some more back-reading. These are the best of the best of the best! (I think) Well it's always nice to guest post. I actually want to thank you too for being interested! Thanks, Leah! =]

@Writing Junkie
Oh thank you. It's always nice to hear from you. And keep up your writing too! =]

@Aakriti
Thank you so much! I'm glad you came across it too. And I can mention your name here as much as you want. Aakriti. Aakriti. Aakriti. Aakriti. Very cool name. =]

@Raz
Yeah, this whole blogging experience, sharing opinions and stories, is awesome. Oh yeah!!! THANK YOU! =D

PHOTOGENIC DEVIL said...

hello.
i came across your blog , through a series of blogs.
firstly - love the layout.
secondly - this is an awesome blog !! i know me saying it is not really required , considering the number of people you've got reading your stuff. but i went thorough all the posts you put up here , and the other posts before this and i can tell you , you are 'arty' and you write really well , and you should keep writing. also , you are terribily funny.

as i am indian , i can tell you this - you pronounce aakriti like this
aa (open your mouth wide and make a long stressed sound) - kri (like the cri , in cricket) - ti (not really like tea but think of spanish pronunciation of the letter T , and then just say tea and you'll get it . )

Hope it helps :))
keep writing.

Miss Bobo said...

:D cheers to a good honest blogger (meaning you). Your opinion counts in all the well concequential moments.

Oliver said...

@Photogenic Devil
Thanks for your comment! Thanks for the compliments, too! And thanks for reading my posts! Wow I really should thank you a lot! LOL. I like being called terribly funny. That's so nice of you. XD

I don't think I'm pronouncing it right. I'll learn it someday. Thanks for the tip! =]

@Miss Bobo
THANKS A LOT!!! YOU ROCK! =]

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...