10 March, 2011

I'm Still Alive

Time flies so fast I often miss it.


It has been so long. My world has been so crazy for the past couple of days. You have no idea how much I had to go through. You saw how badly things were going for me in my two previous posts. I have been really busy and because of all that, all of my spare time I just spent... sparing it. Sleep and happiness-- what more do I need after having accomplished some work? After all, I never had the time and enthusiasm to actually write a blog post.


It makes me feel bad. I feel terrible ignoring my blog for that long. I have written this kind of story already in a previous post, after which I promised never to ignore this blog for that long a time again. But what did I just do? I basically quit. I never checked this out during the time I wasn't posting. I feel like a neglectful irresponsible father. This blog is special. My readers are dear to me. The blogs I read are precious. I am sorry. I am truly disappointed in myself. I don't even know what to say.


I have to admit it myself: my failure to manage my time well.


Time management is the most important thing a college student should learn and develop. That's what adults say, and that's one of the few things they say that I believe in. It is hard to pick up, especially if you really never got used to any solid kind of study discipline. But you know what, there is no real correct way of getting things done. As a teenager, it is just natural for you to kind of stall and shirk work. I put pleasure and relaxation on top of my priority ladder. It doesn't kill me at all that I am on my bed listening to music doing nothing while there's work piled up on my desk. It is a bad thing to do but you know I can still get by just as long as I finish the task in hand. So I didn't really care. When the time comes for me to get things done I'm aware there is little time left, but it's okay, I thought. The fact that I got to relax and/or have fun before the hassle makes up for it.


After the victorious combat with stress during all the rush, however, there has always been one thing waiting down the road to kill me. It's the realization of how much time was wasted. Do you know Could-have, Would-have and Should-have? They are gangsters. After getting some hard-earned cash you just want to walk home and have fun, but there are those gangsters waiting for you at the corner of the street. They're going to beat you up.


That has been my driving force for a while now. I want to stay away from the Have gangsters.


I have a plan. I will try to fit this blog posting into my schedule. Okay, I will not just try. I'm going to make it happen. Overville is back to regular programming. New posts will be up probably every week. At least once a week, I have to write something and hopefully you guys will read it. Let us all make it happen.


I am extremely thrilled right now. This moment with my fingers moving, the keyboard clicking and the New Post box white and clean and letter by letter getting filled with everything I gotta say. I missed all this! This is precious.  This is monumental. I mean, this is really happening. This has to be on a scrapbook. This is sheer joy. I may have an orgasm. 



You know I don't mean it literally. Excuse me for the use of that word.


It's been like ten years now since I last accessed the world of blogs. I just came across a picture of Bieber growing facial hair.


Excuse me for the randomness of my words and of this post in general. I just really have to post something before I completely die. I want to thank everyone for reading and all the kind words and all the nice comments. I appreciate it a lot. To everyone who's going to keep reading, I will want to thank you so much it's going to make me tear up.



Cheers to Overville.






kudos to you, reader, my friend.
oliver.

9 Comments:

Happy Elf Mom said...

Well, hello!! I figured you just got busy. :)

Jodie-Ann said...

Yeah, I was pretty sure you were just busy. o.O I MISSED YOU IN THE BLOGOSPHERE! D:

Writing Junkie said...

I missed you in the blogging sphere.

Welcome back Oliver!!!
You have no idea how many times I would go online just to check if you made a new post, reading your stuff always gives me something new to think about.

Oh well, i'm just glad you're back.
Do not leave again!! >:O

Lolz ^__^

Tom Millson said...

Welcome back Oliver! I was going to mention you in my next blog about your absence :P Now I might mention about you coming back! Woo!

These next two months will keep me crazy busy too and at times I've really felt like I don't want to blog - but because I've said to myself and my readers I post every Tuesday, I haven't missed a single week :)

Raessy Angeles said...

Welcome back, Oli! FINALLY you are back. Anyway, see ya around! :)

Adrian Paul said...

Oh man! it has been quite a while! I've been busy as well, working two jobs and trying to keep a social life really gets to you. I know what you mean! Feels great to be blogging again! Can't wait for your future posts!

Clarence said...

YAY OLLIE! You're alive :D
next week, we're gonna be loaded with exams :P

aakriti said...

Glad to see you Back!!!!!!

Oliver said...

@Mrs. C
Hello! =]

@Jodie
Aww, that's sweet. I missed this a lot!

@WJ
Dude. You're the best. I love it that you really take time to read and check out every post. And thanks for all the lovely comments. =]

@Tom
I just saw your video. HAHA. That's great. And it's okay to be busy; keeps reminding you you're alive. Happy first birthday to your blog, dude! Woo! =D

@Rae
Yeah, thanks!!!

@Adrian
Wow, you're a really busy dude. And yes, it's been soooo long. Don't get yourself too stressed. Anyway, you have your blog so you can always vent it out. =]

@Clarence
I know, right!!!??

@Aakriti
THANKS!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...